Welcome to UIL Accounting!
Will We Have Spring Meets in 2021???
Many of you coaches have emailed me and asked: 1) will there will be invitational meets? and 2) will we hold the 2021 District competition? (which starts the actual contest season). Here is my advice: Practice as if it is a sure thing.
Accounting Coaches, stay in contact with your school's UIL Academic Coordinator for the most current information released by the UIL office in Austin. IF (and notice I said "IF") the pandemic keeps us from having the competition in person, the UIL office in Austin MAY come up with alternative participation methods online.
We are all weary of this pandemic and its affects. Many of us have lost people we love. All of our lives have been turned upside down. But we can and will persevere. Happy New Year! May you stay healthy and safe, and as we accountants say "stay balanced!"
Practice, Practice, Practice!
Start out the new year with a focus on preparation! Contestants should:
- Use the Archived Exams (on this site) to practice by taking tests from prior years.
- If the pandemic allows, attend Invitational Meets for real life testing experience. Please see UIL Set A and Set B dates below. If you attend more than one invitational during the UIL Set A or Set B time period, you may see the same test more than once. The host of each invitational meet determines whether they will use a UIL Set A or Set B test or use a third-party vendor to provide the test.
- Take fresh practice tests in your classroom under contest conditions.
- Be open and flexible to changes in the way the contests may be conducted (because of the pandemic).
- Be prepared so that you can do your personal best at the district competition and beyond!
UIL Invitational Set A (does NOT have payroll) dates are January 8 through February 6
UIL Invitational Set B (DOES have payroll) dates are February 12 through March 13
UIL District Week is March 22 through March 27
UIL Regionals April 16-17
UIL State Meet May 1
Coaches, if your school is unable to take students to invitational meets, please use the UIL Academic website (Resources/Additional Resources) to locate vendors who supply practice materials for UIL Accounting. You can stage your own "practice meet" or simply provide "fresh" practice material for your UIL Preparation Sessions.
To purchase study materials written by the UIL Accounting State Director, choose the "Product Sales" tab in the top menu of this website.
Look for updates to this website in the coming months.
LaVerne Funderburk, CPA
UIL Accounting State Contest Director
(Last update was January 4, 2021)
Did This Site Fail to Answer Your Questions?
If the content of this website does not answer your questions about this contest, please use this email address to contact the State Director:
Your input will help improve the site for everyone involved.