Welcome to UIL Accounting!
Spring Meets are Approaching
Many of you coaches have emailed me and asked: 1) will there be invitational meets? and 2) will we hold the 2022 District competition (which starts the actual contest season)? At this time, UIL is moving forward as if it is a "normal" contest season. Here is my advice: Practice as if it is a sure thing.
Accounting coaches, stay in contact with your school's UIL Academic Coordinator for the most current information released by the UIL office in Austin. IF (and notice I said "IF") the pandemic prevents us from having the competition in person in large groups, the UIL office in Austin MAY design alternative participation methods to avoid large group gatherings.
This section was updated by LaVerne Funderburk on January 5, 2022.
Practice, Practice, Practice!
Start out the new year with a focus on preparation! Contestants should:
- Use the Archived Exams (on this site) to practice by taking tests from prior years.
- If the pandemic allows, attend Invitational Meets for real life testing experience. Please see UIL Set A and Set B dates below. If you attend more than one invitational during the UIL Set A or Set B time period, you may see the same test more than once. The host of each invitational meet determines whether they will use a UIL Set A or Set B test or use a third-party vendor to provide the test.
- Take fresh practice tests in your classroom under contest conditions.
- Be open and flexible to changes in the way the contests may be conducted (because of the pandemic).
- Be prepared so that you can do your personal best at the district competition and beyond!
UIL Invitational Set A (does NOT have payroll) dates are January 7 through February 5
UIL Invitational Set B (DOES have payroll) dates are February 11 through March 12
UIL District Week is March 21 through March 26
UIL Regionals April 22-23
UIL State Meet May 7
Coaches, if your school is unable to take students to invitational meets, please use the UIL Academic website (Resources/Additional Resources) to locate vendors who supply practice materials for UIL Accounting. You can stage your own "practice meet" or simply provide "fresh" practice material for your UIL Preparation Sessions.
To purchase study materials written by the UIL Accounting State Director, choose the "Product Sales" tab in the top menu of this website.
Look for updates to this website in the coming months.
LaVerne Funderburk, CPA
UIL Accounting State Contest Director
(Last update was January 5, 2022)
2021-22 VIRTUAL Student Activity Conferences (updated Nov 9, 2021)
On the UIL Academics website, locate FOUR UIL Accounting presentations. (UIL Academics/Conferences/SACs; then scroll down to find "Virtual.") If you were unable to attend a 2021 Fall SAC in person, these VIRTUAL presentations may be just what you need. The presentations are designed for coaches and students, first-timers and veterans.
- Basics with Susan Mathews: 1st half is about the basics of the contest from a coach's perspective; 2nd half includes very helpful coaching strategies
- Accounting Twists & Turns: LaVerne explains step-by-step how to solve the 2021 Regional Group 15
- Accounting for Uncollectible Accounts: This regional concept is taught by LaVerne
- DON'T BE AFRAID: Accruals & Deferrals as Applied to Mostly District Level Concepts, taught by LaVerne (You might actually LIKE this topic when we're done.)
Did This Site Fail to Answer Your Questions?
If the content of this website does not answer your questions about this contest, please use this email address to contact the State Director:
Your input will help improve the site for everyone involved.